What does 'peace' mean to you?

On the 21st of September, International Day of Peace was celebrated. To mark the occasion, Abbey Krause, a mediator working with young people and their families, wrote a blog for the SCCR about what peace means to her. You can read Abbey’s blog here.
Having read Abbey’s blog again today, it has struck me still more, that peace is a very individual thing. As Abbey suggests, peace can mean different things to different people, so my thought is…what does peace mean to me today?
There are often times when we avoid having conversations that need to happen. We tell ourselves that it is better not to have these conversations, at least in the short term and hopefully not at all! We can then become troubled about how these potential conversations will go, we worry and the problem grows and we again tell ourselves that it is better not to have the conversations. So my ‘peace’ today is that as Abbey suggests, I’m going to have that ‘tough but compassionate conversation’. I know that when it’s done I will be more peaceful and hopefully the others involved in the conversation will feel the same!
So what do you plan to do to make your life a bit more peaceful?

Peace to me is walking in the hills with my dog​:blush::+1:

Contact us

0131 475 2493
Norton Park 57 Albion Road EH7 5QY Edinburgh