How Early Years Can Shape Human Relationships

“Before I could deal with the issue of violence in other people, I had to deal with the violence within myself…, knowing oneself is always a good step on the path to knowing others”. These are some of the words used by our key speaker George Hosking, OBE, WAVE Trust at the SCCR’s 2017 Annual Conference. George was speaking about how early years can shape human relationships and how a person is likely to act violently if they have a propensity to violence. He highlighted that this propensity can be attributed to early life experience and some aspect of parenting style being responsible and in particular parents who use harsh parental discipline. This is one of a number of fascinating conference presentations you can view on our website [here](“Before I could deal with the issue of violence in other people, I had to deal with the violence within myself…, knowing oneself is always a good step on the path to knowing others”. These are some of the words used by our key speaker George Hosking, OBE, WAVE Trust at the SCCR’s 2017 Annual Conference. George was speaking about how early years can shape human relationships and how a person is likely to act violently if they have a propensity to violence. He highlighted that this propensity can be attributed to early life experience and some aspect of parenting style being responsible and in particular parents who use harsh parental discipline. This is one of a number of fascinating conference presentations you can view on our website http://scottishconflictresolution.org.uk/conferences/nurturing-human-relationships-2017 and make comment on our discussion platform for further discussion

Contact us

0131 475 2493
Norton Park 57 Albion Road EH7 5QY Edinburgh